Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Posthumous Sales

I've noticed a new routine setting in, made possible by obituaries, cable television, and downloadable music.

When I read about someone musical who has just passed away, I check out iTunes for the songs mentioned in the obituary. Some of the songs mentioned are familiar, some are not. Nevertheless, if I like what I hear, and I don't already have it, I spend a little to download the music.

Posthumous sales.

This can explain most recently downloading two from Gerry Rafferty, who just passed away. As for past downloads like Cab Calloway and Marlene Dietrich, I have to credit Turner Movie Classics for those choices.

I am still shaking my head however at downloading Sophie Tucker. Maybe she just reminds me of Ed Sullivan.

http://www.onofframp.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment