Saturday, September 13, 2014

Joan Rivers and the Economist

I'll assume Ann Wroe of the 'Economist' wrote the obit on Joan Rivers that appears in this week's issue. I find it somewhat flattering that Ms. Wroe devotes a good bit of space to Joan's purse, as my "tribute" to Joan does. And that mine was written and posted before Ann's opus, I'm even flattered more.

Someone who was studying comedy was once looking into the occurrence of two or more people developing the same joke, at the same time, completely unknown to each other. I have no idea how they made out.

Ms. Wroe speculates about the purse contents as well. She comes up with very different items than I did, but no less plausible. Purses are important to a woman (and even young girls) and I'm sure help drive a fashion economy that probably upsets the balance of payments between nations. Two daughters and a wife, and I have first hand knowledge.

Mr. Wroe's tribute to Joan is a hoot. You wonder if Joan reached down and hit the SEND command herself.

http://www.onofframp.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment