Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Les Miz

I wouldn't have even freshly thought of this except for the piece in today's NYT on Nick Jonas starring in a summer production of Les Miserables in London.

A few weeks ago we were at a wedding on Cape Cod and in attendance was an Emerson College classmate of the bride. I don't remember his name, but like the bride, he's done shows. She's done Disney and dinner theater, and he was in a Broadway production of Les Miserables, playing what, I don't know. Not the lead, however.

The fellow at the wedding was married, in his late twenties, like the bride. Nowhere near as young looking as Nick over there, but certainly not without stage appeal and matinee idol looks. My unmarried daughter got her picture with him. His wife got a bit jealous. Oh-oh. He was headed to London to play in the same production as Jonas.

I'm old enough to answer my own questions and get them right. At the wedding, what did that guy have that I didn't?

The attention of nearly every female in the place.

http://www.onofframp.blogspot/

No comments:

Post a Comment