Friday, July 20, 2018

Comrade Poppins

A few days ago I exchanged email with my son-in-law. We were talking about the movie 'Red Sparrow,'  based on Jason Matthews's spy novel. My son-on-law and I have read Matthews's three books and could be considered fans. The World Cup entered into the "conversation," and the number of goals scored from set pieces. It turns out it's half. I know he tried to work while all the matches were on. How much he worked only he knows. And now there's the British Open. Even less work will get done.

One of his comments made reference to Matthews's next book... "the next book could be about Putin's umbrella." I didn't know what the hell he was talking about until I saw someone's Tweet that had the above photo in it.

It is pretty funny looking. One of the Russian security people has an umbrella over Putin's head so the champagne and Perrier doesn't get all over His Excellency after the championship World Soccer Cup game. Putin is seen greeting Croatia, who lost to France.

Someone at my daughter's wedding was telling me the story about some Middle Eastern mucky-muck who was playing at the golf course he works at. Apparently the story went the mucky-muck got something on his shirt and lost a button as well. One of the entourage raced back to the clubhouse and got so-and-so a clean shirt. It's great to have people looking out for you.

My take is that if the soccer people where celebrating with vodka the umbrella wouldn't be needed and someone would get Vlad a straw.

There's likely no chance President Putin is going to show up at this week's British Open. If he were to the British tabloids would have a good time calling him Mary Poppins. My son-in-law has already labeled him The Putin Popin,

http://www.onofframp.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Macron got soaked and his team won!!
    Try read me Mon 7/23.

    ReplyDelete