Saturday, January 13, 2018

Certainties in Life

At some time, if you haven't already, you will meet the person who will tell you there are two things that are certain in life: death and taxes. I'm here to tell you the list should be three things: I will hear a Carole King sing a song within minutes of tuning in SiriusXM radio's Channel 32, 'The Bridge.'

You don't subscribe to SiriusXM radio? Then you are only guaranteed the first two things. Your third guarantee, if there is one for you, is something else.

SiriusXM radio's Channel 32, 'The Bridge' plays a list of mostly 70s, 80s music that appeals to people like myself who don't like it too loud, too metallic, or too filled with lyrics that are unintelligible. Thus, artists like Carole King, Jackson Browne, Cat Stevens, Paul Simon, Carly Simon, Jim Croce, John Denver and many others like that are played.

Carole King's music is fine, but it is the most frequently heard in the time, whatever time that is, that I'm listening to 'The Bridge.' I've taken to calling the station 'The Carole King Station.'

How a song selection of hers can so coincide with whenever I start to listen to the station is spooky. I have no idea if there are other artists who pop up first for other people. I only know what happens when I start to listen. I've mentioned this to others, and they have agreed with me that the station is 'The Carole King Station.' They do seem to hear her songs often, just perhaps not as soon as they tune in.

I've dabbled in statistics and probability, but cannot assign a probability, or chance that Carole King will be the first song up for anyone tuning in, and that my probability of hearing a Carole Kind song first up is higher. I am an outlier.

I remember reading years ago that Bill Gates had a pin, or transmitter that he designed and wore that when he walked into a certain room he would start to hear the music he programmed to hear. Classical in one room, something else in another room.

I have no idea of how this worked out for Bill. Or even if he stuck with it. I haven't heard of such a device being marketed, so something kept it from being offered to the masses.

Not too long ago I did have some dental work done that resulted in a gold filling being inserted in a back molar. All elements transmit some kind of wavelength. And since gold was the object of desire of Kings, I am now convinced that because of this gold filling I am destined to hear Carole King's music within minutes of tuning in to 'The Bridge.'

My theory accounts for not hearing Nat King Cole music because King is not his surname. It is the only explanation I have. It is my tooth and I'll believe what I want.

http://www.onofframp.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment