Friday, March 8, 2019

Jeans

The fraudsters that used my credit card to purchase merchandise from Kenneth Cole and other retail clothing outlets mistakenly used my address to send some of their ill-gotten goods to. Thus, I received 5 pairs of distressed men's skinny jeans from FashionNova. I wrote about this a few postings ago.

I haven't been skinny for years, trying to hold the fort at a 38" waist. Four pairs of the jeans were 36", and one pair was 38". (These is no rule in this blog that I have to accompany this posting with an image of a guy wearing skinny, ripped jeans.)

The first email to FashionNova made them aware that I got a shipment of jeans I didn't order, the credit card was credited, and would they please send me a return shipping label so they can get their merchandise back? Not very complicated. A return, please.

First email reply was to:

Hey Love,
(Right now I'm not getting a good feeling about this.)

Thank you for choosing Fashion Nova! I'm glad to assist you!
(Oh boy.)

Regrettably we do not offer pre-paid return shipping labels at this time. The customer is responsible for paying any return shipping costs. Please see our Return Policy...
(I've reached an airhead. Clearly, they didn't read my email)

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

I explained again. I am not a customer. I've got your goods. If you want them back, send me the postage. The order was fraudulently placed. You've got an opportunity to get your goods back. The credit transaction has been backed out. At least you can get your jeans back and not lose.

Second email from the vendor:

Dear Novable:
(It's from a different airhead)

To resolve this issue immediately, please reply to this email with a clear photo of what was received with a description of the issue at your earliest convenience.

I was so thankful they weren't going to give me a deadline on providing a PHOTO! A what? You f*ing people, (I didn't really write that out.) I gave you the packing slip number, look up what you mailed me. I'm not taking a picture of 5 pairs of jeans! The window is closing on your getting these back if you can't send me the shipping costs.

Third, and last email from the vendor:

Dear John,
(Same person as the second email, but I've acquired a name.)

We made our research and you can keep the package and it is not require [sic] to be returned.

Well, that's it. I've got five pairs of jeans. Four pairs I cannot fit into. Nor can anyone else in my family of women. The 38" pair had a shot, but distressed jeans, pre-ripped/shredded in four places, is not my style. In fact, jeans are not my style.

No doubt nearly anyone with a credit card in this country—or even the world—has probably had their identity stolen. What was unusual here was that I got the goods. Usually, fraudulent transactions don't involve a shipment to the legitimate card holder. Thus, when someone tried my card out for pizza somewhere in Florida, I'll assume they got the pie and ate it, without offering me a slice. But that transaction also triggered an alert from the same credit card people that my card had been compromised. No such alert was received this time. Why? Who knows? For them to figure out.

And as anyone who knows the drill, report it, the card gets cancelled, you're not out the money, but they will have to send you a new credit card. Comes express mail, so it gets here fast. My third card in a year.

Which of course means I have to go to all the accounts that have recurring charges and notify them of the new card. A chore, but not one you want to slip up on, ever since I once failed to notify E-Z Pass of a new expiration date and my wife got flummoxed at the toll when the disk wasn't read. You don't want to flummox my wife at a toll. You tend to hear about it. She wants to sail through. Who doesn't?

Regarding the unordered jeans, an offer was made to an alert reader asking if they wanted any of the jeans. Different colors were part of the order. Take your pick. I'd gladly mail any of them. No charge.

No interest. So, there they sit on the bedroom floor, five pairs of jeans, retail value over $200. Soon to go to Goodwill.

Why couldn't the fraudsters make a mistake and ship me a 72" Hi-Def television? Maybe Best Buy wouldn't want it back?

http://www.onoffram.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment