Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Robin Williams

Sadly, funny people are not always happy.

It's not often that someone of note passes away who is younger than me; whose years fit inside of mine. As I age, and if I age to the point of becoming one of those octogenarians, then I suspect I'll be reading about such people more often.

There wasn't much I didn't already know about Mr. Williams when I read today's obituary. I didn't know he had aortic valve surgery in 2009. Such is the case when someone comes to your attention when you're already an adult, and leaves us when you're a somewhat older adult.

In my last annual collection of these blog entries, rather than a dedication I opened with a sentiment. "How bad can the year have been if you're alive at the end of it?"

For Robin Williams, he chose not to be alive at the end of this one.

http://www.onofframp.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment