Saturday, May 14, 2011

All the News All the Time Repeated

Current employment circumstances have lately had me waking up in out-of-town hotel rooms, complete with multiple flat panel televisions and other niceties that help the stay become some fun.

When these instances present themselves, I always find myself giving in, just a bit, and watching early morning television.  I consider it absolutely amazing that I can tune in to all three major network shows at about the same time and hit a commercial on each one.  Everybody has a word from the sponsors

But when this subsides, just a bit, and I take in several days of this routine, I manage to absorb the news.  Slowly, and repeatedly.  This past week was revealing.

Every news show, network and cable, has someone standing in the flood-swollen Mississippi River, reporting that it's rising.

Osama bin Laden has been killed.

Henry Kissinger, hawking his forthcoming book On China, looks positively enbalmed next to the Today show's Natalie Morales decked out to the nines, looking better than anyone has a right to look that early in the morning. Sex sells, but Dr. K. needs more than Natalie can generate.

A Connecticut high school student has been banned from the prom because he posted an invitation to a girl on the side of the school using removable letters.  No permanent damage was done to the building.  This student has now appeared on more telecasts than President Obama.

It is hard to pick a jury for a murder trial for a defendent who is alleged to have killed her children/child.  Details are incomplete because I was in the shower about the same tiime every day.

Osama bin Laden has been killed.

Navy SEALS need their privacy.

Robin Meade, the anchor on Headline News, is as cute as ever, despite putting on what looks like a few avoirdupois since the last time I was in this position.  It took me two days to remember to start with that channel.

http://www.onofframp.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment