Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ground Hog Day


I don't usually repeat myself so accurately, but it turns out when I was at the eye doctor this afternoon they reminded me that I was there last Ground Hog Day. I knew it had been early in February, but I didn't realize I had managed to make an appointment two weeks in advance on the anniversary of the last visit.

Sure enough, I even blogged about it in a February 2, 2009 entry, which I do remember, just not the exact date.

And as yesterday was the first of the month, and that meant "punch day" for monthly tickets, I did remember that the conductor last year managed to somehow see me as "female," and then had to scribble something on the ticket to correct the mis-punch. The rest of the month went smoothly last year, and this year, a different conductor got it right the first time.

I did ask the doctor and his staff though if they had something that would block vision when the Grammys were on. I thought a device like that could come in handy between this year and next, assuming the scheduling is the same.

This took them a bit off guard, and with no apparent solution. I told them I took one look at the show for a few seconds, changed the channel, then took the batteries out of the remote and swallowed them.

They didn't believe the swallowing part, but then, they don't realize who I have had appointments with this week.

http://www.onofframp.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment