Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dere's a Wabbit Here Everywhere


I don't think I've read a news story with its tongue so firmly planted in its cheek as today's Wall Street Journal's 'A-Head' piece on chocolate rabbits. Go on an Easter egg hunt for how many times the writer and his accomplices pull, well, one out of the hat.

Start with the headline and the sub-heading, and count. I get two right there. Keep going.

Europe's High Court Tries On
A Bunny Suit Made of Chocolate
***
The Case: Can a Foil-Wrapped Flopsy
Be Trademarked? Hunting Rabbit Knockoffs

The absolute best part, like many obituaries, is the final word. I don't think it would ever occur to me, whatever snit I might be in, to describe a foil-wrapped chocolate bunny as looking "rather snobbish." But the world is full of opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment