Sunday, February 11, 2024

Almost Finished with "C" Titles

It's been a few months now, so I thought it might be time to update everyone on where I am playing my bathroom Nano playlist back in alphabetical order by song title. I'm almost through the letter "C".

Note:
The prior postings on this alphabetical journey through recorded songs can be found with the following links:

https://onofframp.blogspot.com/2023/10/give-me-a.html
https://onofframp.blogspot.com/2023/11/a-to-z.html

And just as I was taken by how many of my recorded songs started with Baby, I've been equally somewhat startled to find how many songs start with either the word Cotton, or the word Crazy. I wouldn't have predicted that.

There are 7 song titles on my Nano that start with the word Cotton. I have Cotton twice from two Nanci Griffith recordings, and two Cotton-Eyed Joes from two different artists, The Chieftains and Rickey Skaggs. Add to those titles Cotton Pickin' Hands ( Johnny Cash), Cotton Mill Man, and Cotton Patch Blues. For at least two mornings in the bathroom, I was neck high in cotton.

And just when I thought the string was out with Cotton song titles, I became aware of those that either were the single word Crazy (Patsy Cline and Willie Nelson, Don McLean, Linda Ronstadt, and The Ukulele Orchestra) ) and all the others that started with the word Crazy. In all, there were 22 of these, and it went on for a few days. The final entry was Crazyman Michael by Alyth McCormick.

I don't know how many songs are on the Nano. My desktop computer is holding 7,191 under iTunes that I've either downloaded from my own sources, or from an Apple purchase.

As of this writing I' haven't yet finished with the C titles. I've quipped that on my demise I will have hoped that the alert obituary writer might make mention that I made it all the way to U.

Maybe beyond.

http://www.onofframp.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment