Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Midnight in the Bathroom

Very hard to understand what creates some thoughts and memories. I've been getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom for decades now, so why should I suddenly remember something I wrote back in the 60s? It's not like I suddenly saw something in the bathroom that was scooting away. I haven't seen critters in the bathroom since I left my grandmother's apartment on East 19th Street. And that was a very long ago. So why now? Dr. Freud?


Midnight in the Bathroom

Roaches, do not run and hide
When I venture by your side.
Slow down and take a breather,
Because it seems I can't sleep either.
                                                    

And there you have it. Not Robert Frost, or T.S. Eliot by any stretch of the imagination. But, New York City living.

http://www.onofframp.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment