Monday, March 8, 2010

What Are They Thinking?

We know that women really dress for themselves, and other women. Perhaps there is a fraction of their fashion thinking devoted to what the male might like, but it can't be much. Females know all about males. And males know this. Take Sandra Bullock's endearing reminder about what her mother told her about riding in cars with boys until she was 18. Mom knows all. They all know all.

My sense of fashion is therefore likely parochial. I am invited by no one to go anywhere, at anytime. Sometimes I do have tickets to go somewhere, but generally the rest of the attendees seem to be there to test the latest in surgical supplies. Somebody's getting Medicare to pay for something.

I’m never in the company of women who are wearing floor length anything, and the men I see are never in tuxedos. I ride public transportation and use interstate rest areas. The closest I get to fashion is to see how many colors North Face comes in.

The only reason I happened to pay any attention to the above picture is that 'Up in the Air' was the only movie I saw in the movies in the year between Oscar ceremonies. So, the name and face of Vera Farmiga (also of 'The Departed', the only picture I saw the previous year) was familiar to me. Well, not really familiar. Someone had to tell me who she was in 'The Departed.'

Given all these qualifiers and my narrow vision caused by my gender, I still can harbor an opinion.

As pictured above, she is the only person I've ever seen that reminds me of the Guggenheim Museum.

http://www.onofframp.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment