Wednesday, April 20, 2022

April 21, 2022

April 21, 2022:  A day so good there are two of them.

Something seemed a little off when I checked out the easel desk calendar this morning for today's date.  Sure it's Wednesday, but how come it tells me it's the 21st, when tomorrow is the 21st? There is no April 20 on this calendar. In fact, there is no April 20 on any of the easel calendars I gave members of the family this Christmas as stocking stuffers. No matter what the pictorial theme of the calendar is, there are two April 21s.

Is it because someone wanted to obliterate Hitler's birthday, which is April 20, 1889; or wanted to obliterate the shootings at Columbine High school 23 years ago in Colorado, perpetrated because the kids were somehow honoring Hitler; or is it because 420 has something to do with pot, and someone at the calendar place was trying to make a point about something?

I've NEVER seen a calendar that got a date wrong, and I'm 73 and have been looking at calendars for a long time. An email to Calendars.com got me an obtuse response that they would replace my "defective" calendar, but it wouldn't match the pictorial theme for the one I bought.

I said "thanks, but no thanks." I see the calendar as a collector's item, somewhat like the Inverted Jenny stamp from 100 years ago.

The obvious printing error has got me thinking. What if you could designate one day a year that you would like to see repeated because it meant so much to you. Birthdays, anniversaries, championships,  divorces, could all be cause for a two-time, two-day celebration. Conversely, what if there was a day so black, or one you would rather not remember at all that you would like to see it eliminated, causing the dates on either of it to be duplicated.

This of course would be personal calendar customization (PCC), and there might he a market for it. Black hole day. Talk about stricken from the record.

http://www.onoffram.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment