Thursday, June 17, 2021

Lunch

I had a nice lunch today with my daughter Susan. We ate at a place of her choosing in Carle Place, near the Hicks nursery where we each bought a few more plants for our respective landscaping efforts. When it comes to landscaping, you can never really be finished.

My daughter ordered her meal, and I ordered mine, and when the meals arrived I announced I was not going to take any photos of the meal and email them to anyone. And I didn't.

But, when I finished my meal I did ask my daughter to take a photo of my now empty plate. I was going to send a photo of the plate to my friend Melissa, sort of as my way of telling her what I had for lunch. Readers of this blog will remember I made a recent posting of her sending me photos of what she and her boyfriend David had for lunch in Riverhead, NY last Saturday.

My email went as follows:

Attached is a photo of the empty plate from my lunch today with Susan. We ate at the West End Cafe in Carle Place, a table cloth restaurant that Susan chose. She was taking me out for half my Father's Day present.
 
On this plate, before I ate nearly everything on it, lay a Triple Blend medium hamburger, consisting of Kobe beef, Dry Aged Sirloin and some other part of a steer, that was served on a terrific bun with bacon and sautéed onions. I had a choice of two toppings, and chose those. I am not a cheese guy with hamburgers.
 
Along with this perfectly cooked hamburger, there was a slice of raw, red onion that I placed on top of the hamburger. There was also a slice of tomato and some lettuce, that in the days of eating at Greek lunch counters in the '60s would help make a "burger deluxe," for $1.25. No one orders those these days at any price.
 
Accompanying the burger on my plate were thin French fries, fried to a nice golden brown. There were two small deli pickle slices as well, plus of course the little metal cup of ketchup.
 
All this was, as you can see, delightfully consumed, and was followed by a pistachio ice cream parfait with chocolate "sauce." I guess they don't dare call it syrup anymore. No sprinkles. I declined the whipped cream topping.
 
There are no photos of what my meal looked like before I dug in, only this, the empty plate. I didn't eat the plate, something of course my wife is always amazed doesn't happen.

I have therefore still never emailed anyone a photo of what I was about to eat. But today I came close.

http://www.onofframp.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment